Links to documents:
Download this file (transqualcerts.pdf)Factsheet[Archive copy hosted by UK Trans Info]

Brief Summary

UK Trans Info has been made aware of a number of trans people having difficulties obtaining revised qualification or degree certificates after changing their name. When a trans person changes their name as part of their gender transition it is legally required that organisations issue new certificates in order to comply with the Equality Act 2010 and the Gender Recognition Act 2004. This does not require a Gender Recognition Certificate.

This document explains the legal position and provides guidance for trans people and for organisations. Trans people who are having difficulty getting their certificates reissued may wish to send a copy alongside their request.